Sunday, July 06, 2008

POST 100 Yay!!!

I want to show you 2 more row houses I received. I saved these for the end because they are more special to me.

They are from my friends Gerdie Fisher and Lydia Hildebrandt aka Kenningstone. Both gal pals are local, living very close by and we occasionally work together. We had so much fun sharing ideas, we had a "Gala Evening with wine and cheese to debut our finished houses before we packed them up and sent them off to Jeri aka An Artful Gathering
then we waited very patiently.........( yeah sure I checked the mail box every day after reading about the first person that received theirs back) .......for our houses to return. We had a blast looking at each others houses, we even have plans to make more.

This is Lydia's row house, the detail is incredible, the windows are actually transparent and if there is a light behind, it looks like the home fires are burning. The door is a wooden door from a found object Lydia found on one of her walks.. Her embellishments are all hand made. The texture and staining are incredible.




This house is from Gerdie. It's a quilted outhouse, you may want to only peek with one eye open cuz the outhouse is occupied!

She had made an outhouse for the swap someone else got it, as well as some beautiful quilted houes both designs gave me a pouty face because I would have loved to have either style of hers. I guess I must have talked about it and begged enough that she made me the quilted out house.
The quilting is actual stitching that she pre-punched through the matte board and then hand quilted. Right now you are already thinking wow, and if you look closely you will see all the thread stitches you might even say double wow.



peeksie on the inside.......ooops where's the Sears catalogue?




Thank-you Lydia and Gerdie, this was so much fun , I can't wait to work on a new project with both of you again.

So there you have it, this is my 100th post. Although it's probably more like 200 when you read the really winded ones.

Here is the list of entries I have so far, I will still accept entries til midnight okay til morning.
Then I will post the winning entry.

Jen 1
Denise 1
Mercedes 2
Kat 5
Sarah 11
Lydia 6
Kathy 1
Teresa 2
Connie 1
Gina 1
Donna 1
Ginger 1
Gail 1
Lisa 3
Shari aka creative chatter 4
Sheri aka Esprit*d'Art 1
Mosiac 1
Rosie 1
Arlee 1
Shelly 1
Barbara 1
Paru 1

The list can change with any comments I receive yet today.

Before I pack the box, I will be sure to take pictures of everything in it but it will not get posted until the winner notifies me that she/he has received the package. (so far I can say she but that could change).

Upon receipt I ask that the winner leave a post on their blog if possible linking back to my blog. If you don't have a blog, that's okay at least you can come back here and post your comments on what you received.

Thank-you so very much for all of your wonderful comments. I am more excited to know that people do actually read my blog.

Have a wonderful evening, Good Luck and see you tomorrow

((((hugs))))

kim

4 comments:

Kenning Stone said...

Holy Cow! did I miss a few days....didn't we just have number 99? Gerdie's outhouse comes across (to the big screen) fabulously.
and I luv the wooden plank background for mine....nice touch.

kim aka imagesbykim said...

Ohh sure...rub it in that I am actually on time at posting. :)

Yes, your house looks fab next to that background.
I think I am going to scan that piece of wood and make paper.

Altered Kat said...

Congrats on your 100th post! woohoo!
Now yer a blog-a-holic! :o)

Kat

Simple Journeys said...

#100--finally!! I've been watching and waiting and then it slipped up on me! I'm celebrating my one year anniversary! Congrats all around. Love the row houses!